Since 1961, NERA has provided unparalleled guidance on the most important market, legal, and regulatory questions of the day. Our work has shaped industries and policy around the world. Our field-leading experts and deep experience allows us to provide rigorous analysis, reliable expert testimony, and data-powered policy recommendations for the world’s leading law firms and corporations as well as regulators and governments. Our experience, integrity, and economic ingenuity mean you can depend on us in the face of your biggest economic and financial challenges.
New York City, New York—NERA Economic Consulting is pleased to announce that seven of its experts have been recognized as leading experts in energy by Who’s Who Legal (WWL).
Who’s Who Legal: Energy Experts 2023 singles out the top energy experts in the market. Each expert was selected for their exceptional expertise spanning pricing issues, evaluation of long-term energy contracts, and delivery of expert testimony.
Five NERA experts received recognition.
- Senior Managing Director George Anstey is described as a “top-tier energy expert thanks to his strong track-record assisting in litigation, valuation and competition policy.” Mr. Anstey specializes in the economics of utility markets and regulation.
- Senior Managing Director Oscar Arnedillo specializes in energy economics, with particular emphasis in regulatory and corporate issues that arise in the transition from a regulated to a competitive electricity system.
- Senior Managing Director Sean Gammons “ranks prominently for his first-rate energy practice.” Mr. Gammons has received “widespread endorsement as a strong adviser and one of the big players in the field.”
- Senior Managing Director Tomas Haug is touted as a first-rate economist who “is a leading name in the energy market with over 20 years’ experience providing expert advice on economic assessments and quantification of damages.”
- Affiliated Consultant Dr. David Harrison Jr. has extensive experience evaluating the economic effects of a wide range of energy and environmental and other policies.
Two NERA experts received recognition as Thought Leaders.
- Senior Managing Director Julie Carey is lauded as an expert “renowned for her strong economic background and experience assisting on damages quantification, valuation analyses and antitrust issues in the energy sector.”
- Senior Managing Director Kurt G. Strunk is recommended as “an invaluable expert” who “earns worldwide endorsements as a go-to energy expert with deep expertise in oil and gas disputes.”
NERA’s Energy Practice is at the forefront of the continuing transformation of energy industries worldwide. We have pioneered approaches for introducing competition in segments such as power generation and gas supply where competition is workable and for improving the regulation of sectors where it is not. We work with companies, governmental bodies, and regulators worldwide to design competitive gas and electricity markets and to develop tariffs and rules of access for regulated transmission and distribution systems for electricity, gas, and the transport of oil and oil products.