For the life sciences industry, the COVID-19 outbreak has raised a call to arms to innovate to answer and ultimately defeat the virus and its effects. It has been a worldwide all-hands-on-deck event at the intersection of science, healthcare, government, and private enterprise, resulting in several new and potential treatments, protocols, and vaccines.
This fact sheet reports on the status of these efforts in the United States. It documents:
- Development and delivery of vaccines and treatments;
- Interventional COVID-19 clinical trials located in the US;
- COVID-19 drug and vaccine trials by phase;
- COVID-19 Phase III and Phase IV drug and vaccine trial completion dates; and
- Emergency Use Authorization (EUAs) dates, types, sponsors, and details.